Tuesday, October 22, 2019

"C2 is impossible to be reached by self-learning."

Oh... challenge accepted!

I would say most of my languages are at this point "self-learned", except Finnish (my mothertongue), English (9 years in school and then life) and Swedish (6 years in school, then living in Sweden since 1995).
I have studied German in school for 2 years, and French 1, and I have 2 lessons of Arabic, but German was 1985, French 1997 and Arabic also in the 80s :-D I haven't used any of this with another living person.

"C2 is quite hard to reach in general, even native speakers are not on this level (they're usually somewhere at B2/C1)."
Seriously? I have been living in Sweden for 24 years now, and my Finnish has deteriorated a lot, but my Finnish was definitely C2 when I lived there.

The CEFR test says my English is ""≥C1" means that you are at the C1 level, or “maybe even C2”, but the test does not assess the C2 level."
Now, it doesn't assess my spoken language, but I'm fully confident in it.
Anyway, if I can get any of the other languages (not Finnish or Swedish) to the same level as my English - which is my goal - through internet and self-studies only, then I have proven the statement in the subject line false.
And I am absolutely certain of that this is possible, at least in the most common languages with plenty of access to all kinds of materials online, like French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese...

No comments:

Post a Comment