Monday, July 29, 2019

Back from Finland

Well... I was back already on Friday morning. But that's when Language Jam started, so...

Anyway, I have been in Finland for almost two weeks, so there hasn't been much internet for me, nor much carrying books and other materials to and fro, but I have been using Duolingo and LingoDeer a lot.
It's the first time with Duolino on the phone for me, and I was gladly surprised to find that there are other languages there, and the nice little voice feature - in some languages you can test your pronunciation! Now, I have discovered that some sentences don't accept ANY pronunciation, and some accept ANY pronunciation :-D I tested it with Hinky Dinky Parlay Voo, and it said my pronunciation of "tu" is nice, but the rest wasn't good. :-D

I should be putting in time to get 1000 points...

I am studying 24 languages at the moment, and of them 3-4 are strong ones, ones that I can collect a lot of points quickly.
To collect 1000 points, I need to take 667 lessons. If I take one lesson in each language every day, that makes 360 points, and that leaves 640 points to be collected elsewhere... if I take one... circle... level? in all the languages, that's about 1800 points... hmm... 2 lessons in each language, a circle if that feels easy, that's 720+ points, and then 2 circles of each of the easy languages, that's about 150 points for each language, at least 300, and more if I feel like it. It shouldn't be too hard :-D
That would probably take some 16 hours every day :-D Sounds a bit... er... stupid?
Also, Duolingo has some... problems. I seriously wonder if I'm actually learning anything. :-D


 

No comments:

Post a Comment