Friday, July 26, 2019

Language Jam July 2019 - Indigenous languages

I am participating in the Indigenous Language Jam. I was given Cherokee or Tsalagi to learn. I am kind of sour to myself because I didn't choose out "foreign" letters... but - it's just to learn.

So... what should I learn...
the 65 first words and phrases to learn




Today, Friday, I am supposed to learn all the letters, the numbers and all the sentences on Omniglot.



Tomorrow I'll learn 1000 words. I'll name things around me. Hmm...
On Sunday I'll learn another 1000 words.

Wikipedia Cherokee

Cracking the code to speak Cherokee

Cherokee words

Cherokee Dictionary

Cherokee course

Cherokee language lessons on YouTube


 Cherokee

Cherokee language

Saturday 27th of July

I found a Cherokee language course on Mango Languages!

So... I didn't learn the alphabet, the numbers nor the sentences... *blush*
Well... I have excuses. A lot of excuses. But none of them is really interesting. I didn't need to go anywhere or do anything else, I just procrastinated and avoided studying.

Anyway, this is my first language jam, and I AM learning things :-)
I am learning things outside language, as well, and what I learn makes me so angry. :-( I feel powerless and angry and I hate certain people.

But, I am also falling in love with the people and the language and want to know more. I don't think this stops here.

Your grandmother's Cherokee

Cherokee syllabary 

Cherokee syllabary practice printout

Let's Talk Cherokee; YouTube playlist 1-3 Cherokee

Let's Talk Cherokee

 Cherokee Reader Book One

ᏑᎵ ᎠᏓ ᎠᎵ ᎩᏟ
suli ada ali gitli
buzzard - wood - sweat - dog

ᏑᏓᎵ ᎢᎾᏓ ᎠᏑᎶ ᎶᎶ
sudali inada asulo lolo
six - snake - pants - locust

ᏌᎶᎵ ᏌᏌ ᎠᎵ ᏌᎵ
saloli sasa ali sali
squirrel - goose - sweat - persimmon

cherokee foods; they ate a lot of corn, squash and beans, wild onions, eggs, fish, deer, turkey. And, of course, persimmons. When the Europeans introduced pigs, that became very popular very quickly. There's a lot of things baked of cornmeal. A lot of stews and such.

Sunday, 28/7

I got into an argument with someone and no language studies were made. Basically. I did in my 200 points of Duolingo, and I continued with my Cherokee letters or syllables, but that's it.

I am not happy with my language jam. :-(
But I am happy with Cherokee. Definitely continuing with my studies there.

No comments:

Post a Comment