Saturday, July 6, 2019

So... it's waning off again

I spent a couple of days creating myself an Autumn wardrobe. Apparently, it's not a capsule wardrobe, though... well. What ever. Nothing to do with languages.

I have been Duolingoing the whole time, though.

I really hate the Duolingo's... whatever it's called. You know, that thing that says what is right and what is wrong. It accepts a lot of wrong answers but then starts whining about petty details.
Like, in Danish, "a horse, the horse, horses, the horses" goes "en hest, hesten, heste, hestene", but it accepts "hästar" for horses, which is Swedish, so it's wrong for Danish. Duolingo is teaching me wrong. Which means that I can't use it to learn Danish. 

Well... it's not that bad, because it's a language and it's OK to learn it "wrong", because you WILL correct it as you go on. We all make these mistakes in our mother tongue all the time because we learned it "wrong" when we were young. You know, the "I always thought it was Dalmation!" things. 


I just recently noticed the "leagues". It is fascinating how competitive I am... just give me a challenge and I will do more. 
Unfortunately, it works only for a certain level.

No comments:

Post a Comment