Monday, August 3, 2020

I am not happy today :-(

I was reminded of the fact that talent, intelligence, aptitude, even love of languages mean absolutely nothing when it comes to learning languages. I have all those things. What I don't have is what matters most. Tenacity.

I'm basically a bunny rabbit. I'm really fast and smart and clever and all that, but I still don't know French. I never finish the race.

I'm 51 and I have been "studying" French since I was... 15, maybe? A teenager. Because I'm like 100% in for three weeks, and then nothing for the rest of the year.

I mean, I have WON the 6WC. Most hours put in, to actively studying a language for six weeks' time.

And I just became "legendary" at Duolingo :-D

And do you remember that "100 words a day" challenge I took upon myself a couple of years ago? I still know the words. :-D 100 words a day 5 years ago, I think I managed to keep it up for three weeks or so?

So, obviously there are skills, talent, aptitude, intelligence.
But - what ever.

Here's Lindie Botes' Memorizing Words



No comments:

Post a Comment