Sunday, April 22, 2018

Hrmph!

I was watching Pushing Daisies and in the episode 2 Chuck speaks Japanese and tells Ned she had very little other things to do, so she studied languages. :-D
Well, it was inspiring. I want to be able to say "The Jarlsberg is on the table" in all possible languages, too :-D I wonder how they chose the languages to showcase. Someone who spoke Norwegian? Swedish? something in the cast?

Anyway, my 49th (7x7) birthday was a couple of days ago, and I was reminded of the "I want to know 50 languages by my 50th birthday" "goal" I have. And "52 languages in 52 weeks". I had a list of things to learn... now I can't find it anywhere. I have been going through this blog, and find that a lot of links and videos are unavailable. I should go through it all and fix it, but. Uh.

Also, I have a couple of guys in my circles, one speaks Spanish, another Arabic and the third Wolof. And I'm thinking about the Norwegian guy and how I missed the opportunity to learn Norwegian. :-(
So I'm going to take up my French and German and learn Spanish, Arabic and Wolof properly.
Let's say I'll give this... er... to the end of May. And then I should be able to be comfortable with reading books in French and German, preferably also in Spanish, and be able to have rudimentary discussions in Arabic and Wolof, to have something to build on.


No comments:

Post a Comment