Monday, April 30, 2018

Lazy day today, tomorrow it will be full speed

It's the Eve of Mayday. I should go visit my sisters, and drink sima and eat munkkeja, but - uh. Can't be bothered. It's a lazy day, a "bad day" as I call them, I don't want to do anything.


I have managed to get the Karelian Swadesh list on Memrise. I would really have wanted to add ALL the languages on the SAME list, but that cannot be done on Memrise. :-( So I have to write their own lists.


So, the Chinese R is pronounced "like J in French, but start dragging the tongue backward until it's touching the roof of your mouth". There should be a definite buzz to the sound... sometimes it sounds like SH, sometimes like L

I made a list of animal names in Hebrew to write my Alephbet cards, but my Word ate it. :-( Not happy. So the Hebrew Alephbet card project is frozen at the moment. I need to find the words again. :-(



Láadan needs a better course. Well... every language needs a better course. But, whatever. Beggars can't be choosers, huh? I suppose there aren't that many words in the language, so the amount of sentences to be created is also limited. And also, the Feminist ideal of women being totally void of all negativity, hatred, belligerency, and violence, creates serious problems, which becomes pretty obvious with the "sample stories", that, still, are based on existing Patriarchal stories. X-D


Romanian pronunciation is fun!
You see, I have started copying my favorite book in the Bible, Ecclesiastes, in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, and Romanian, à l'Alexander Arguelles.


BTW, I listened to his speech at the Polyglot Conference and realized that that's what I want to do. (At least right now.) Think of myself as having the job of a Polyglot, and the whole world of languages at my fingertips (because most books have been pirate-copied and available online, especially when I can manage in Russian and Portuguese...:-D)

I need to put in the next Chinese lesson on Memrise. :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment