Saturday, June 15, 2019

A little bit of Maltese

*sigh*

I just don't seem to get this right...


I want to start building meanings. Like... give me "this is Jack, this is Jill, this is Anne and this is Bill". (From my first foreign language book. I was six years old. My big sister was just starting to learn English. This was my first encounter with foreign languages. I didn't quite grasp the concept, but I found it extremely fascinating. I have been hooked ever since.)

Learn the 30 most important Maltese words and expressions

Maltese phrases

So - you say "What is this?" in Maltese x'inhi din? (and it sounds a bit like sheenydin)

You say "this is..." din hija or dan huwa. Din hija is when the item is feminine, and dan huwa when it's masculine. So
din hija dar - this is a house
din hija kelb - this is a dog
din hija qattus - this is a cat
dan huwa ktieb - this is a book



No comments:

Post a Comment