Monday, October 24, 2011

The new 52 list

I published my list of the 52 languages, and now I'm already thinking of changing it :-D
"this list is pretty much carved in stone now, and won't be changed..." I said. (and added "unless I choose to do so" Looks like I did. :-D)

I'm going to replace Sanskrit with Farsi (Persian)
I think I might add to the amount of Slavic languages and reduce the amount of Romance languages, even though I love the medieval sound of Lombard, Asturian and Aragonese... so let's see.
Here's a little something about "our language"

I chose to move the Semitic languages higher up on the list, because I live in an area where they are spoken. Might be useful.
I also chose to move the Scandinavians higher up, because I'm actually working with a Norwegian man, whom I could use to practice Norwegian with. Scary :-D

At the moment the list looks like this:

Albanian
Estonian

Sámi

November 2011
Hungarian
Turkish
Syriac
Hebrew (Ivrit)

December 2011
Maltese
Cypriot Maronite Arabic
Arabic
Icelandic
Norwegian

Januari 2012
Faroese
Danish
DutchFlemish

Februari 2012
Frisian
Scots (Lallans)
German
Yiddish

Mars 2012
Latvian
Lithuanian
Czech (Bohemian)
Polish
Bulgarian

April 2012
Bosnian/Croatian/Macedonian/Serbian
Slovenian (Slovene)
Russian
Ukrainian

Maj 2012
Breton
Welsh
Cornish
Irish
Scots Gaelic

Juni 2012
Manx
Latin
Romanian
Monegasque or Lombard?

Juli 2012
Italian
French
Occitan (Provençal)
Walloon?

Augusti 2012
Romansch
Catalan
Spanish (Castilian)
Portuguese
Leonese? Aragonese?

September 2012
Greek
Basque
Persian (Farsi)
[not decided yet... let's see what comes up... Perhaps I put Sanskrit back on the list anyway :-D]

Oktober 2012
Romani

No comments:

Post a Comment